Vail Honeywagon is partnering with community hosts to establish membership only located drop sites for residents who would like to participate in the compost program. This will be a subscription-based program that requires a commitment to follow composting guidelines in exchange for access to the secure drop site containers.
Materials Accepted for Composting
Materials Not Accepted for Composting
How the Program Works:
- Participants sign up for monthly membership through Vail Honeywagon.
- Membership fees are charged in advance on a quarterly basis.
- Membership can be canceled or put on vacation hold at any time.
- Each household is allocated one 5 gal bucket of waste/ week.
- All participants are expected to read email communication.
- All members of participating households are encouraged to attend compost trainings.
Drop Site Etiquette:
- Kitchen scraps only in the compost drop site dumpster.
- (Use complimentary vouchers to compost yard waste at the Honeywagon facility)
- Remove stickers, rubber bands and packaging before composting.
- Clean up after yourself at the community site.
- Always lock the dumpster after dumping your organic waste.
- Report illegal dumping or suspicious activity.
- Access to a centralized organic waste dumpster.
- Educational materials and training for the entire household.
- Vouchers for free yard waste drop off at the Honeywagon Organics Facility.
- Vouchers for finish compost to put on your garden every spring.
Compost Drop Site Locations
- Avon Recycle Site – Yoder Avenue, past Home Depot
- Single Tree Community Center – 1010, Berry Creek Road
- Eagle Recycle Site – 1050 Chambers Avenue
- EagleVail Community Garden – 538 Eagle Drive
- Minturn Town Hall – 302 Pine Street
- Vail Recycle Site – 75 South Frontage Road
Download Support Documents